MHCA EVENTS CANCELLED FOR 30 DAYS
Based on advice from governments and their public health agencies regarding the presence and risk of COVID-19, the MHCA will not host events for 30 days from March 13 to April 13, including the March 24 MHCA Breakfast with the Leader.
The MHCA is reviewing WORKSAFELY™ Education and Training courses scheduled in that 30-day period and will notify registrants and members should the course(s) be cancelled as well.
MHCA will monitor events and the advice from federal, provincial and municipal governments and prolong postponement if necessary.
Based upon advice from Manitoba, we encourage everyone to adopt the following guidelines:
- minimize close contact – less than two metres; no more than 10 minutes — with individuals in public;
- avoid greetings that involve touching such as handshakes;
- disinfect frequently used surfaces;
- follow public health advice related to self-monitoring and self-isolation
- avoid travel, crowded places and events, especially if you are at higher risk.
Employers are encouraged by government to:
- ensure ill staff stay home, and support those who are self-isolating at home
- reduce large group activities
- review business plans and ensure employees can
- work from home, if possible.
- stay home when ill without facing barriers such as the requirement for sick notes
- work from home where appropriate
- discontinue non-essential, work-related travel outside of Manitoba; and
- encourage virtual meetings to reduce prolonged, close contact between individuals.
For additional preparedness details, visit:
- For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit the Manitoba public health website at gov.mb.ca/health/coronavirus/.
- For health questions or more information on respiratory illness, Manitobans can phone Health Links–Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 (toll-free).
We thank you for your understanding.