Manitoba’s Premier, Brian Pallister, has ordered all non-critical businesses to shut down April 1-14.
The order does not apply to the heavy construction industry.
For full details see links below to
- Manitoba Government media release
- Public Health Order (PHO) – Critical Services Order
- CBC news story
The language directly applicable to construction as contained in the Public Health Order is as follows:
27. A business engaged in construction work or services in the industrial, commercial, institutional and residential sectors, including demolition services and expanding, renovating, converting or repurposing existing spaces.
28. A business engaged in construction work or services that are required to ensure safe and reliable operations of provincial and municipal infrastructure.
29. A business engaged in construction work or services that supports environmental rehabilitation projects.”
Chris Lorenc, B.A., LL.B.,
President, Manitoba Heavy Construction Association (MHCA)