Strength in members
BE STRONG. BE SUCCESSFUL. BE HEARD.
Join MHCA and see what sets us apart.
We bring presence, profile and impact to any public policy discussion – and your business can be a part of it
The MHCA is recognized and respected in all its dealings with the public, media, stakeholders and three levels of government because it has a long history of credible and principled representation of our industry’s public policy views. Our strengths, principled advocacy, influence and achievements set us apart from others.
Our members enjoy:
Any heavy construction company, or company working with the industry in Manitoba, will benefit from membership.
Members say 6 of the biggest reasons they value the association are:
- Networking – Our members, big and small companies across Manitoba, meet, learn from each other and have fun at our premier events including Curling Bonspiel, Spring Mixer, Golf Classic and Chair’s Gala
- Advocacy – A strong industry voice across Manitoba – MHCA speaks loudly and proudly on all issues facing the industry (budgets, legislation, regulation) – and we have the ear of media, governments and the public.
- MHCA Membership Directory and Equipment Rental Rates Guide – This directory is the ‘go-to’ resource for contractors, suppliers, government and purchasers of all heavy construction industry and supply services in Manitoba.
- WORKSAFELY® Education & Training – Industry training and certification on health and safety (COR™)
- Heavy News – Our regular bulletins and weekly newsletter keep your finger on the pulse of the industry in Manitoba and include tender ads and results.
- Strong, effective advocacy, from Emerson to Churchill
Our members are the lifeblood of the heavy construction industry. When we speak, the province and municipalities in Manitoba take note because they know we represent your views and your interests.
Manitobans appreciate the economic impact and value of our industry, employing (directly and indirectly) about 15,000 people.
MHCA is often referred to as the strongest lobby voice in Manitoba. Association President Chris Lorenc is quoted regularly in the media and is invited often to government chambers, advocating for the industry.
We’ve been around since 1943 and have invested 75+ years in becoming the voice and the momentum behind the industry.
Our advocacy priorities include:
- Pressing governments for sustainable, strategic, predictable core infrastructure budgets
- Pressing for provincial, annual core-infrastructure budgets of $1 billion or more
- Ensuring the MHCA’s WORKSAFELY® COR® program continues as the “Condition of Contract” standard recognized by governments
- Pushing for core infrastructure budgets guided by 6 principles:
- Permanent programs
- Focused on economic growth
- Embrace innovation
- Harness partnerships with the private sector
- Funded by dedicated revenue streams
- Reviewed annually for progress and adjustment
- Promoting procurement strategies that enable Manitoba contractors to grow capacity
- Pressing for improved municipal and provincial procurement practices
- Protecting access to pits and quarries
What’s in it for me?
Membership in the MHCA has many advantages and benefits. With some 400 members, we are YOUR voice in government chambers, in the media and before the public. Every member makes our voice stronger.
What MHCA members saying about our association:
As a member of the MHCA for over 30 years, the relationships that we have formed and the value the association has provided to us and our customers are invaluable. Today’s business environment requires a united voice of membership to make changes to government policy, tender processes and legislation. We feel that MHCA is this voice.
Hitrac (1974) Ltd. | Member since 1978
MHCA members receive current industry information and timely access to tenders through the weekly bulletin, and the annual directory includes current equipment rental rates. These services are essential to my business.
Edie Construction Ltd. | Member since 1978
After all is said and done, the MHCA supports our industry, and membership is just the right thing to do! We can say that after being a member for over 50 years.
Zenith Paving Ltd. | Member since 1960
The networking opportunities are very well attended by senior management and decision makers. They include individuals from all sectors of the industry that are key to my business.
WD Industrial Group | Member since 1991