Industry at work during COVID-19
The Manitoba Human Rights Commission has compiled guidelines regarding human rights and the use of COVID-19 vaccination policies, including in the workplace. Click here to read the guidelines.
Manitoba Human Rights Commission has prepared guidelines on your rights and responsibilities during the COVID-19 pandemic. View them here.
- Heavy construction continues as an essential service in during shutdown – November 10 – read more
- As of November 2, 2020, Manitoba’s Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Brent Roussin ordered the Winnipeg Metro Region to move to level ‘red’: read more
- As of Monday, September 28, new restrictions are imposed in the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region to battle the spread of COVID-19. Masks will be mandatory in all indoor public places in the metro region communities. View the release
- Construction groups tell City of Winnipeg to boost infrastructure investment – read more
- Manitoba has announced a series of business support programs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The MHCA WORKSAFELY® program and the Construction Safety Association of Manitoba have secured assurance construction workers are exempted from Manitoba’s 14-day self-isolation order when traveling to and from another jurisdiction for construction work purposes. To read the rules when leaving and entering Manitoba for construction work, click here.
- Canada has extended to August 29 the program for wage subsidy. Click here for details
- Premier announces extra $500 million over two years for infrastructure – read more
- MHCA Board reminds industry on need for safe work amid pandemic – read more
- Saskatchewan adds $2B to capital program, including highways – read more
- Now’s the time to invest in infrastructure – read more
- Manitoba to begin easing restrictions on businesses – read the release
- MHCA joins industry and business groups in calling upon Ottawa to accelerate its Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program for 2020 – read the letter.
- Interest-free, repayable loads of up to $40,000 now available from Western Economic Diversification Canada for small and medium-sized businesses that do not qualify for the Canadian Emergency Business Account (CEBA) program. Click here
- City of Winnipeg property taxes that are due on June 30, 2020 will have fees waived until October 1, 2020. Business taxes that are due on May 29, 2020 will have fees waived until September 1, 2020. – read more
- WCB defers premium and penalty payments – read more
- The Canada Emergency Wage Supplement application process is now open, on the CRA’s “My Business Account”. View the support guide from Manitoba Chambers of Commerce.
- Industry says it has the capacity and supplies to work this construction season: MHCA member survey results
- COVID-19 claims to WCB to follow policy on occupational disease – April 8 – read more
- Winnipeg Water & Waste releases 2020 tender schedule – April 7 – read more
- MHCA’s WORKSAFELY® has a series of safety procedures for companies working during the COVID-19 pandemic – see resources
- MHCA, MI working on detailed COVID-19 safe-work practices – Read more
- City of Winnipeg proceeding with street renewals, water & waste projects – March 26 – Read more
- MHCA at work during COVID-19 response – Read more
- Manitoba to issue construction tenders as usual – March 16 – Keep reading
- WORKSAFELY® response to COVID-19 – March 16 – Keep reading